If you are applying as a transfer, you are eligible if you:
Completed at least 60 semester (90 quarter) transferable units.
Complete the required General Education (GE) with a grade of C- or better
Meet the required Grade Point Average (GPA)
Transfer students must have completed at least 30 semester (45 quarter) units of GE courses with a grade C- or better, including the four subjects listed here:
- Oral Communication (Area A1): a course in public speaking.
- Written Communication (Area A2): a freshman English composition course.
- Critical Thinking (Area A3): a course in logic or critical thinking. (Engineering majors are exempt from the critical thinking requirement.)
- Quantitative Reasoning (Area B4): a math course.
A student must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.0. Applicants applying for a highly popular (impacted) major are offered admission based on overall space availability and may be held to a higher GPA standard. Check future.sfsu.edu/impaction and the impacted major’s department websites for details.
- Apply online at www.calstate.edu/apply during the filing period (see above).
- Pay the $55 (non-refundable) application fee by credit card online to further speed processing or complete the online fee waiver available with the Cal State Apply application.
- Answer all questions on the application completely and accurately; quick admission is based on self-reported information.
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, send a copy of your immigration documentations such as your Visa or Alien Registration (“green”) Card.
- San Francisco State communicates with students via e-mail. Make sure to read all e-mail messages and pay careful attention to transcript deadlines.
- When the Office of Undergraduate Admissions requests them, send official transcripts to SF State by the established deadline in the email request from all colleges you've attended. Transcripts for coursework in progress should be sent after grades are on record.
- Check your application status to ensure all supporting materials have been received.