Fall 2018 Campus Impaction Announcement
Effective Fall 2018, San Francisco State University has successfully removed its campus level impaction status. Removal of campus level impaction allows the University to welcome all CSU eligible applicants applying to open majors.
Non-residents of California and international applicants must meet higher minimum standard, regardless of major.
Major impaction means that the number of applications from fully eligible students to a designated major during the initial filing period far exceeds the number of spaces available in that major. All transfer applicants from a US institution must meet minimum CSU requirements. Additional supplemental admission criteria may be required for admission into an impacted major program. International transfer students from foreign institutions are not held to minimum CSU admission requirements including the 4-basic subject areas.
- Accounting Concentration in Business
- Apparel Design and Merchandising
- Biology (all concentrations)
- Biochemistry (BS) / Chemistry (BA)
- Chemistry (BS)
- Child and Adolescent Development (all concentrations)
- Environmental Studies
- Health Education
- Industrial Design
- Kinesiology (all concentrations)
- Social Work
- Visual Communication Design