So what should you do once you've applied to San Francisco State? First and foremost, you should concentrate on your studies: get those good grades and take the necessary tests by the correct deadlines.
Check out the information below while we review your application.
Check Your Application Status
You can check your application status online. You should expect to receive your San Francisco State University Identification Number within two to four weeks of submitting your application.
Prospective students can check their financial aid application status, view and accept their financial aid award offer through the SF State Gateway.
- Login to your Student Center on the SF State Gateway: gateway.sfsu.edu
- In the center of the next page in the "Finances" section, choose on "View Financial Aid"
- Check your "To Do" List for any required documents.
Housing applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Applying for housing on campus is a separate process from the University admission process. Because obtaining housing on campus is not guaranteed, it’s important to apply early.
Submitting Electronic Transcripts
San Francisco State University accepts electronic transcripts directly from many colleges and universities. Please request transcripts to be sent electronically when possible. Please only submit transcripts when you receive a transcript request email from the Undergraduate Admission Department. Sending electronically will expedite the processing and review of your transcripts. To see if your school(s) submit transcripts electronically, please check the link below for your institution(s).
Admission by Exception Based on Disability
All prospective students apply to the university through the standard admission procedure found at www2.calstate.edu/apply.
If you have applied, and you know that you will be unable to complete a specific course requirement because of a disability, you may appeal to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
Your appeal on the basis of disability for the fall semester should be submitted no later than July 15th. Your appeal on the basis of disability for a spring semester should be submitted no later than December 1. The Undergraduate Admissions Office will consult with the Disability Programs and Resource Center as needed.
Your appeal needs to include:
- Disability documentation by a qualified professional that illustrates how the disability has affected completion of the subject requirement in question, (e.g. psychoeducational evaluation.)
- Evidence of any previous attempts to fulfill the missing subject requirement with accommodations at the college level, (e.g. use of disability services verification from a previous college.)
- And an explanation of how the student can be successful in a degree program at SF State even though the requirement has not been completed, (e.g. letter of support from a community college disability services counselor.)
Please submit all appeal materials to:
San Francisco State University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1600 Holloway Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94132
Note that if your appeal is supported, course substitutions may limit later enrollment in certain majors, particularly those involving mathematics.
Your questions can be directed to SF State Undergraduate Admissions office at 415/338-6486 or email@example.com.
Applicants should register with the Disability Programs and Resource Center (DPRC) once they are admitted or conditionally admitted.
Important Dates - Spring 2020
Important Dates - Fall 2020
|Housing Priority Application Deadline||March 31, 2020|
|Fall 2020 Final Application Deadline||May 1, 2020|
|Housing Application Deadline||May 15, 2020|
|Final transcript deadline||July 17, 2020|